Friday, July 27, 2012

On Becoming an 8th Grader - Sheryl Apunte, 8th Grader

Dear Family,

      
              The hardest thing I've done in camp is proably relizing that im an 8th grader. I believe it was one of the hardest things I've done in my years at Saint Ignatius. When I got to camp I still felt like a 7th grader. I didn't feel a rush of exicement or a sudden empathy about growping up. It happened in the second week of camp.

              My cabin and I took some blankets out onto the felid and just looked up at the stars. The 8th graders had gotten to talk and we just let out all the the feelings we had keep in for the past 2 years. I felt some how clamer and relaxed. I saw this one star is bright beautiful. I looked at it for a while and relized that i had been having the best time at SIS. I started to laugh uncontrollably. I didn't cry or get all emotional. I didn't need to. Yeah, of course there were sad memories but O was I happy. I accomplished 2 years of school. I was 13. I was an 8th grader. So I went to bed with a smile on my face and just dreamed about graduation.



                                                                                                           Love,
                                                                                                 Sheryl Apunte

1 comment:

  1. My big girl, I'm sooo proud of you:)

    Love you very much:))))))

    ReplyDelete